The Anechoic Wind Tunnel is an open-circuit subsonic facility which has a 36" x 48" x 120" test section with a speed range of approximately 18-75 m/s. The facility employs a 450-hp centrifugal fan and has an anechoic chamber with a 250 Hz cut-on frequency enclosing the test section. The open-jet can be converted into a closed-wall wind tunnel as it has a removable test section with excellent optical access. The facility will be used for aerodynamic and aeroacoustic studies of various flow-induced noise phenomenon and boasts state-of-the-art experimental fluid dynamic and aeroacoustic measurement capabilities.
- Test section size: 36" x 48"
- Top speed: 75 m/s
- Chamber Low Frequency Cutoff: 250 Hz
- Turbulence Intensity (%): < 0.1%
- RMS Inlet Flow Nonuniformity: < 1%
- +/- 10 Jet Collector Turning Angle