Dr. Farrukh Alvi, Director of FCAAP
The Florida Center for Advanced Aero-Propulsion (FCAAP) was recently formed to meet the needs of a rapidly evolving and highly competitive aerospace industry. The Center objectives are to help train and sustain the much needed, highly skilled workforce; to design and develop new technologies and products required to help sustain the Aerospace industry; and to transition the technology to applications in a timely and efficient manner. The Center was launched with nearly $15 million in seed funding by the State of Florida. These funds will be used to maximize the use of, and add to, our resources and will create a state and nationwide technology and resource team in the highly competitive and innovation-driven aerospace market. The Center leverages the seed funds and the extensive existing resources (nearly $70 million) of its partners both in terms of infrastructure and a team of highly experienced, internationally recognized scientists, researchers, and engineers. The center’s interdisciplinary team covers a broad range of areas related to aeronautics, aerospace, propulsion and space sciences. FCAAP will be a technical incubator and will facilitate rapid transfer of knowledge and technologies to applications and products through partnerships with aerospace industry, government, and other stakeholders.
- May 11-12, 2015: Industry / University Cooperative Research Center for Applications of Flow Control Planning Workshop
- Feb 16, 2015: Faculty Recruitment..
- Nov. 3rd, 2014: FAA Center of Excellence for Commercial Space Transportation
- Nov. 19th, 2013: Florida Center for Advanced Aero-Propulsion unveils polysonic wind tunnel
- Oct. 18th-19th 2013: Fluid Mechanics Research: A Historical Review, Current Challenges and Future Perspectives
- Sept. 28-29th, 2012: 2012 Workshop on Advances in Computational Mathematics and Engineering
- April 26th-27th, 2012: Third Annual FCAAP Symposium & Exhibition